Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Connected Educator!



The Connected EducatorSo I am going to teach a Web 2.0 and Technology Integration class the first week of August to some of my faculty members in my district at our summer academy my district puts together. I am very excited to have this opportunity to share my research and knowledge I have gained this past year during my thesis project. This will be a challenge, considering I am an art teacher and my class ranges from teachers K-8. I am eager to learn, grow, and teach them as well as research some more topics to discuss at the workshop. Today, I came across a great website and this book call The Connected Educator. I have never heard of this book before and I am thrilled to read it and possibly incorporate some of these ideas into my own classroom curriculum. It supposedly focuses on educators around the world, connecting and harvesting knowledge with one another to create a community within teaching our students world wide. I can't wait to share this book with my faculty and my class in two weeks. I wrote up a literary summary to go along with the book and I will be sure to encourage them to get connected!
http://www.21stcenturycollaborative.com/the-connected-educator/

No comments:

Post a Comment