Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Sketchbook Project: The Pen Pal Painting Exchange

A couple of days ago I signed up to do a Pen Pal Painting Exchange through Art House Co-op… the group responsible for The Sketchbook Project. I missed the deadline for the Sketchbook Project and recently discovered this world-wide community event to participate in!!! I am so pumped for this and it is just what I need to motivate a new artistic adventure!

What I love about this, is without technology and my research craze to crave more art in my life I would have never discovered or been able to be part of something amazing as this. Check it out, it might spark your interest!

Today I received a 4″x4″ canvas and a pen pal note card to fill out. Once finished with the painting, your painting along with your note card gets mailed back to the Brooklyn Art Library where it will be exhibited along with other participant’s paintings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Afterward they match you up with your pen pal based on the information you provided.  I will receive my pen pal’s painting to keep forever and they will get mine!  The idea is that this project will start conversations amongst people, and perhaps start life long friendships through the exchange of art!
 Screen+shot+2013-04-10+at+4.04.06+PM

No comments:

Post a Comment