Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Twitter:Community Connection

Being an art teacher is awesome! I get to see all of my students once, sometimes twice a week and I get to see them grow, create and learn for almost 7 years! It is great to get to know them, their families and their life stories. One way I tried connecting with my students and their families this year was through Twitter. Twitter has allowed me to share the awesome work my students are doing in the art room. It also allows them to be part of our classroom outside of school and in their home. Students love coming in and sharing their work online and see the work of their peers. This has been a great way to connect with other art educators and educational professionals around the world as well. I love see Parents and students be involved in our online community and the visual arts. 
This year and last year we had students create our front and back covers for our yearbooks! I love showcasing these school wide projects!
Towards the end of the school year, students went outside in our school garden to create works of art. The space inspired students to create art in a new way and got students thinking about art, science, and the world around us. I loved being able to share their smiles and creativity with others. 
Do you use Twitter? What cool things are you doing in your classrooms with Twitter and social media?

No comments:

Post a Comment